Re: [dev] Presentation slides software

From: José Manuel Pavón Álvarez <chmeee_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:43:40 +0200

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Uriel <uriel_AT_berlinblue.org> wrote:
> I'm looking for a minimally sane way to generate presentation slides,
> ideally using something similar to markdown and capable of generating
> decent-looking html (and hopefully) pdf.

I went on a similar quest not a long ago but didn't really found
anything that convinced me totally.

I think that swinger and tpp are the ones I liked most. I don't
think I'd be using tpp. But [swinger][1] seems promising although
I don't know if you'll find it suckless :).

Source slides are written on markdown. swinger is a javascript
app and stores the information on couchdb. Used with couchapp,
you can write the slides directly on files and then push them to
couchdb.

You can see real slides [here][2]. When watching a slide, push
Esc and you can see an online editor as well.

  [1]: http://github.com/quirkey/swinger
  [2]: http://c.ixxr.net/swinger/_design/swinger/index.html#/

--
My style, you can call the art of fighting without fighting.