Re: [dev] [patch] add Control-G and Control-D to dmenu

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 13:50:30 +0100

On 9 August 2010 13:35, Uriel <uriel_AT_berlinblue.org> wrote:
> This is a totally retarded argument, Plan 9 terminals do have a
> cursor, and certainly don't implement every retarded stupid keybinding
> imaginable, specially not ones that conflict with one of the most
> generally accepted and used keybindings.

They also don't allow you to move the cursor up or down or access many
of their features without a mouse. Hardly analogous to an entirely
keyboard-operated program. I suppose you'd prefer mouse support too?

> Also ^D makes perfect sense
> in dmenu, it means *end of input*, it works when you type cat(1) in
> any *nix terminal, even totally retarded ones like xterm.

dmenu, when visible and responding to keypresses, never reads from
stdin, in which case even cat would not react. I repeat, to dmenu ^D
is meaningless. Alternatively, we could actually use the key for
something worthwhile.

> To do anything else with ^D is not pragmatism, it is totally retarded
> GNU/idiocy.

Of course, UNIX is infallible.

On 8 August 2010 11:54, Uriel <uriel_AT_berlinblue.org> wrote:
>> Whose canon?
>
> My canon ;P

Quite.

cls