Re: [dev] sta.li - a few questions about it

From: Robert Ransom <rransom.8774_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 01:48:17 -0700

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 17:32:51 -0400
ml_AT_distasis.com wrote:

> I'd love to just find a stable, backward compatible Open Source system so I can concentrate on what I like most, getting interesting and useful programs to build and work on the system. Good luck with the sta.li project and if there's something I can do to help, let me know.

I think the sta.li developers are likely to toss backwards
compatibility with some existing software in favor of simplicity.

If you are planning to write new software, you may be interested in
Inferno (you can find your way to it from <http://cat-v.org/>). It
runs on Windows and Linux now, and it *will* run on sta.li someday.

Robert Ransom