Re: [dev] flo - a command line program for organizing events, to-dos, and deadlines

From: Alexander Teinum <ateinum_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 19:38:19 +0200

Thanks for the feedback.

Right before I went back to $HOME, I realized that it was unnecessary
to include the dot-prefix. I decided to not follow that standard, but
if I did, I think $XDG_DATA_HOME would be a better place to put the
file. I will keep it as it is now, but I wish that there was one
standard for these files. If you want to use flo and need to change
the path and filename, there’s a GET_FILENAME define in flo.h where it
can be changed.

Editing the items in an external editor is a good idea, but that does
not work well with the current design. flo only validates data when
adding an item with its interface. The dates are stored as Unix time,
which makes it a bit challenging to set them “by hand”. And if you
delete a tab character from one of the lines, then you’ll get
undefined results. :)

I will add the license text for ISC.

Alexander