Re: [dev] [mkpkg] a suckless package manager

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 16:28:17 +0100

Okay, I think my email is starting to work again now.

> you should check slpm before arguing ;)

I have used it, though admittedly it was before the recent burst of
activity. I will make sure to try it out again.

> i also recommend u to try pkgsrc.

Will do.

Naturally any problems to do with variables is a problem with the
packages, not the system itself.

You can discover installation methods with grep or, I assume, the
.PHONY target, though I'm not quite sure how that works. Maybe this
could be added to the system itself.

mkpkg is definitely enough for my needs, and perhaps others' too. It
does lack a few features present in slpm, granted, but then it's a
fraction of the size. I'll look at it as the sic to slpm's ii. ;p

Thanks,
cls