Re: [dev] Usable typesetting system?

From: yy <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 17:06:52 +0200

I'm using a Markdown-like language to write my phd thesis in LaTeX (I
have already used it for my master thesis and several scientific
papers). Some day I should probably clean all my stuff and release
something, but at this moment is a very ad-hoc thing.

Basicly an awk script (find attached) processes titles, emphasis and
lists like markdown. Images are included with a tag at the begining of
the line. It also supports footnotes, tables (in the same or different
files), equations with LaTeX notation, an graphs (processed with
gnuplot and the epslatex terminal). Bibliographic references, as well
as references to figures and tables, can be included too. In the same
way that Markdown can include raw html you can include raw LaTeX here.
Makefiles and a series of scripts take care of building everything for
me.

If anybody is interested maybe I can privately send some of the
material, but it won't be very useful without a full example and I'm
not allowed to put that in the tubes. Anyway, I suggest to write your
own toolset if you are taking this route.

--
- yiyus || JGL . 4l77.com