Re: [dev] A language similar to Markdown that sucks less

From: Alexander Teinum <ateinum_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 18:37:34 +0200

What doesn’t work well for me, is that I cannot easily extend
Markdown. The design that I propose is simpler and more strict. All
tags work the same way. The input is close to a data structure, and it
doesn’t need complex parsing. The drawback is that tables and lists
need more characters:

p Here is a list.
list (item One)\
        (item Two)\
        (item Three)

Or…

p Here is a list.
(list (item One)
         (item Two)
         (item Three))

In Markdown, it’s much simpler for the user, but more complex for the parser:

 * One
 * Two
 * Three