Re: [dev] [patch] dmenu - support for xft font rendering

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 22:56:40 -0400

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 02:40:32AM +0000, hiro wrote:
>Don't tell me Arial is a bad font.
>And about this aliasing shit: my printer doesn't show it.
>Is this really a matter of taste? Or my younger eyes?

Don't be a fool. Your printer doesn't show it because it has 10
times the horizontal resolution of your monitor. But it
certainly shows the difference between bitmap and vector fonts
even more as a result.

And Arial is a terrible font for anything other than screen
reading at less than 12 point height. The Microsoft version does
have rather exceptional hinting support, though.

--
Kris Maglione
Understand this, I mean to arrive at the truth.  The truth, however