Re: [dev] [wmii] Remove titlebar

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 05:35:42 -0400

On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 12:19:56PM +0300, Nikhilesh S wrote:
>On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 03:47:25AM -0400, Kris Maglione wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 09:32:20AM +0200, thuban wrote:
>> >Le Wed, 8 Sep 2010 03:22:25 +0300,
>> >
>> >I suppose there isn't, at least for the use of stack mode. But you can
>> >use dwm instead ;)
>>
>> Or RatPoison or LarsWM or XMonad or Rio. No window manager can be
>> everything to everyone, and I prefer not to pollute wmii with every
>> possible option. That said, it would be an easy patch to write, and
>> I may experiment with it after 3.10 is released, but the changes of
>> it making it to the main line are low.
>
>I've tried all of those - I'm sticking with wmii due to the 'freedom' in
>making layouts.
>
>I thought there must've been some quick option I missed so I asked. If
>it's a deep-in feature and requires some messing I guess I'm fine with
>the titlebar - the other parts of wmii I like till now. :)
>
>Maybe if I figure it out I could patch it...

It wouldn't be hard. The managed mode code does assume that all
windows have titebars, but it's only hard coded at the tops of a
few functions in column.c (where labelh(def.font) is assigned to
variables). There's already code to deal with titleless floating
windows. You just need to change frame_client2rect/frame_rect2client
remove the floating window check.

--
Kris Maglione
Real Programmers don't believe in schedules.  Planners make up