Re: [dev] [OT] Music?

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 19:10:56 -0400

On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 05:37:56PM -0400, Peter John Hartman wrote:
>On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 05:29:06PM -0400, Kris Maglione wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 12:12:24AM +0300, Nikhilesh S wrote:
>> >What kind of music do you listen to? Your favourite artists, genres,
>> >etc.?
>>
>> Oh no... No, no, no... This is going to be one of those threads
>> that turns into a series of long, off-topic threads about things
>> like off-topic threads, isn't it? Hm. Not good. But, I'll
>> answer. :)
>>
>> I don't use an audio player that keeps statistics, and Last.FM
>> is useless for my collection, but I think my top played artists
>> are Mahler, Beethoven, Brahms, Chopin, Holst, Sibelius,
>> Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninoff, Debussy, Ravel, Bad Religion, with
>> some generous helpings of Tim Minchin, Flogging Molly, Tool,
>> Clapton, The Who, Sublime, System of a Down, The Beach Boys, and
>> Falling You.
>
>I love the fact that there isn't even a beat before you turn from
>the classics to Bad Fng Religion!

Well, the way I see it, any band that's been making music for 30
years without losing its edge, with a Ph.D. for a lead singer,
that can write a song about Boltzmann's orchestration of the law
of entropy on the same album as songs about heroin abuse, social
justice, superstition, and other just general awesomeness,
easily deserves to be listed among the likes of Ravel, Holst,
and Debussy.

Maybe it's just me.

--
Kris Maglione
Real misanthropes are not found in solitude, but in the world; since