Re: [dev] wmii display size issue

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 11:08:06 -0400

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 09:06:53AM -0400, Benjamin Cathey wrote:
> Kris
>
> Here is the output:
>
> Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1050 x 1680, maximum 4096 x 4096
> VGA1 connected 1050x1680+0+0 left (normal left inverted right x axis y
> axis) 473mm x 296mm
> 1680x1050 60.0*+
> 1600x1000 60.0
> 1280x1024 75.0
> 1440x900 59.9
> 1280x960 60.0
> 1152x864 75.0
> 1152x720 60.0
> 1024x768 75.1 60.0
> 832x624 74.6
> 800x600 75.0 60.3
> 640x480 75.0 60.0
> 720x400 70.1
> LVDS1 connected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
> 1024x600 60.0 +
> 640x480 59.9
>

> As you can see, the current screen is 1050x1680 (it's a vertically
> oriented wide-screen). As I mentioned, the wmii window is in the upper
> left corner and is only taking up 1024x600 (the laptop screens
> resolution). The rest of the space is available to the mouse and the
> wmii menus brought up by alt-p and alt-a display at the very bottom of
> the monitor rather than the bottom of the box in the upper left.

It looks to me like your two XRandR screens are overlapping.
That probably means if you try to move a client to the right off
the edge of the screen, it'll take up the entire screen (either
over or under any clients in the smaller area). As for the
menus, they always open on whichever screen has the mouse. Try,

     xrandr --output VGA1 --right-of LVDS1

--
Kris Maglione
Sufficiently advanced political correctness is indistinguishable from