Re: [dev] [dwm] tagging interface

From: Wolf Tivy <wtivy1_AT_my.bcit.ca>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 17:41:24 -0700

> > There are various functions I think you could use. apropos XCheck?
>
> In particular, XCheckIfEvent seems well suited to this situation-
> -feed
> in a predicate which specifically finds the repeated KeyPress (matches
> time, key, etc.). But this can perform unnecessary computation
> since it
> checks things with higher times as well, of course--I'm still amazed
> there is no nonblocking analog to XPeekEvent.

Yeah, I looked at the various X*check* functions, they all seem to scan
the whole queue, which could cause funkyness in this application,
so they don't seem to be a perfect fit. There _must_ be some way to do a
nonblocking peek, it would be insane if there wasn't, I just can't find it.

@yy
Ok so the toggle is useful for somethign other than cacheing big tagsets.
I'll make sure I don't break it then. Thanks.
The 9 lines was if you use the combo* functions to also replace the
toggle* functions (because they become redundant), not if you cut the
toggle tagsets stuff. Sorry, I'm using confusing words here, calling two
unrelated things toggle.