Re: [dev] Re: [dvtm] buffered text on resize

From: Marc Andre Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:42:46 +0200

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 02:22:50AM -0400, Niki Yoshiuchi wrote:
> I would absolutely love to see text reflowing but I think that would be
> pretty difficult with the way that text is currently handled by dvtm.

Yeah probably isn't trivial to implement, but to be honest I don't really
need it. $EDITOR or $PAGER takes care of that. Anyway patches welcome.

> By the way, there is a small bug (feature?) in my patch. It will sometimes
> show old bits of text after a resize, since the extra buffer space hasn't
> been zeroed.

I would say that's a bug. See the attached patch for a possible solution
(I haven't had the time to really test it so far though). Please test and
report back.

Thanks,
Marc

--