Re: [dev] [wmii] sh wmiirc broken and Arch Python changes

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 15:56:17 -0400

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 08:49:08PM +0200, Thomas Dahms wrote:
> after updating to tip today, I get the error
> eval: 399: Syntax error: end of file unexpected (expecting ")")
>
> I am not sure, but maybe this is introduced by changeset 2782:3a645190bda8
> which changed wmii.sh. Unfortunately I don't quite understand the point of
> this change, so can't help more.

Sorry, it looks like my patch queue got corrupted. I'll have it
fixed once I've had some coffee. As for the point of the change,
it's basically so that wmiirc.local can be written something
like this,

     wi_events <<!
     Key foo
     !

     # ...

     wi_events <<!
     Event bar
     !

rather than,

     local_events() {
         cat <<!
     Key foo
     Event bar
     !
     }

> And something unrelated:
> In Arch Linux, python is now Python 3. Using python2 with wmii is not
> smooth:

Oh. I haven't done a full upgrade in a while. That's a change I
certainly didn't expect any time soon.

> It builds when changing the supplied PKGBUILD to depend on python2 and
> using the PYTHON=python2 flag, but /etc/wmii-hg/python/wmiirc still uses
> "#!/usr/bin/env python".

Thanks. Easy fix.

--
Kris Maglione
Anyone who considers arithmetical methods of producing random numbers