Re: [dev] [OT] Any suckless color picker is recommended?

From: Yue Wu <vanopen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 21:14:03 +0800

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 12:00:20 +0800, John Matthewman
<jmatthewman_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/15/10, Yue Wu <vanopen_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I want to use color code to describe color, but I just can recorgnize
>> the
>> color, don't know anything about colorcode, is there any recommended
>> suckless color picker that can let me choise a color then return a color
>> code?
>>

> gcolor2 would get the job done [ http://gcolor2.sourceforge.net/ ].
> Can't think of anything simpler off the top of my head.

Thanks all of you.

gcolor2 is suckless, I can quickly locate and select the color I want.

xcolorsel is the simplest, no gtk2 depend, but ... too primitive..., and
hard to locate to the color I want to see.

zenity is too heavy, it needs some gnome libs.

--
Regards,
Yue Wu