[dev] Re: sta.li progress

From: finkler <finkler_AT_officinamentis.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 00:29:38 +0200

On 10/12/10 07:58, Wolf Tivy wrote:
>> 2. Demonstrate stand-alone static binaries that have been linked
>> against bionic/x86.
>
> This assumes we have bionic itself working. Has anyone actually built it without building all of android? I got the source, but I can't make it build. I've tried a few things, but I hate makefiles. Especially when they're called Android.mk.

Have there ever been any efforts to create a suckless libc ? I mean
instead of porting bionic, which is based on the OpenBSD libc, one could
start with the OpenBSD libc to begin with.
Remove all the macro crap and just support c99 and POSIX, which is one
of the few cases where it might actually be worth the hassle to follow
such a standard.
Then again it seems backward to put so much effort in an outdated
standard. I don't really know, any thoughts on this?

regards,
finkler