Re: [dev] [wmii] grow command does not work on floating mplayer

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 09:43:40 -0400

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 02:14:06PM +0200, Thomas Dean wrote:
>mplayer windows keeps a fixed aspect ratio when floating. Growing such
>windows via wmiir does not seem to work, because one can only grow
>either horizontally or vertically, but not both at the same time.
>(Shrinking works, the other direction gets shrunk accordingly.)
>Is there any way to still grow floating mplayer windows without the
>mouse?

That's an interesting problem. The aspect ratio algorithm always
fits the window to the largest size possible in the given
rectangle, which works fine for the mouse, but is clearly
problematic with the keyboard. I guess I'll have take the aspect
ratio hint into account for keyboard resizes.

--
Kris Maglione
...the designer of a new system must not only be the implementor and