Re: [dev] python configuration

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 07:16:34 -0400

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 12:01:22PM +0100, Renato wrote:
>Hello, just installed wmii from the Archlinux repos and still finding
>my way around it... I need some clarification on configuring wmii.
>
>I'd like to configure it using python. What are my options? Can I just
>copy the /etc/wmii/python directory to ~/.wmii and start wmii with
>$ wmii -r ~/.wmii/python/wmiirc.py
>?

There should be no need to copy anything. Just run
wmii -r python/wmiirc

You can put your configuration in ~/.wmii/wmiirc_local.py, or
otherwise copy /etc/wmii/python/wmiirc.py to ~/.wmii/wmiirc.py
and modify it, if you prefer (though I don't recommend it).

>What's the difference between using the python files
>in /etc/wmii/python and installing pywmii?

I have no idea what pywmii is.

--
Kris Maglione
I think conventional languages are for the birds.  They're just