[dev] [surf] Select or change text decoding.

From: Andrés Musetti <amusetti_AT_internet.com.uy>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 16:25:36 -0200

Hello,

  Is there any way to change text decoding of documents in surf?
I guess it defaults to ISO-8859-1 (Latin-1), but I often read and write non English documents in UTF-8, and I'm not able to view them properly, but with artifacts.

Chrome has a menu to change the text decoder, but I don't know if this is a feature built in WebKit or Chrome itself.
Any clue on this? How difficult would it be to implement that feature? Where should I start?

Thanks.

P.S. Please help me to improve my English. Correct any mistakes you find! Thanks! =)