Re: [dev] [dmenu] [patch] add xft and fix possible memory leak in version 4.2.1

From: Wolf Tivy <wtivy1_AT_my.bcit.ca>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 21:31:59 -0800

> 2) dmenu v4.2.1 appears to be leaking memory. It is missing the
> routines to teardown/cleanup memory structures present in previous
> versions. This patch also adds them.

dmenu doesn't run long and the OS frees all the memory used
by the process. Once it's decided that the process is going to quit,
failing to free memory is irrelevant.

If it leaks data created by handling events, I can see that being trouble,
but except for these I see no reason dmenu should ever call free.