Re: [dev] git dmenu mirror with feature branches instead of separate patches

From: v4hn <me_AT_v4hn.de>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 16:30:55 +0100

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 04:14:26PM +0100, stanio_AT_cs.tu-berlin.de wrote:
> Often, issues arise when applying multiple patches. The prposal doesn't
> solve this, does it? For single features -- sure, it's beneficial, but the
> work to keep stuff up to date with master remains.

Yes, there are problems with multiple patches. In my opinion
we should spend some more time on making the optional patches as compatible
as possible. - I did that with a couple of dwm-patches some time ago.

> Set of branches based on multiple patches, representing different dmenu
> flavours -- like surf-flavour (e.g. vertical and token match and xyz ),
> dwm-flavour, someones-music-player-flavour -- might make more sense... not
> sure.

That's another option, but keeping track of applied patches on each branch
will become a pile of work imho, so this again would result in making
the patches compatible.

v4hn