Re: [dev] [DWM] Why can not antialias on dmenu?

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 14:07:11 +0100

On 10 December 2010 14:01, alphachi <alphachi_AT_mediaspirit.org> wrote:
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Now I can antialias on dmenu(Alt + P), but I can't still antialias on dwm's
> "task bar". Look at this thread:
>
> http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=20019
>
> What shall I do?

You will need to patch dwm's draw routines in a similar way as you
patched dmenu. dwm also uses old style xfonts only by default (as xft
is an abomination).

In the furture patching dmenu's or dwm's drawing capabilities will be
simpler, as I plan to share the draw.c among both, hence having one
draw.c patch that uses xft (or pixman/cairo for that matter, or egl,
or whatever) will do the trick and keep dwm's and dmenu's general code
base clean from all those nightmares.

Cheers,
Anselm