Re: [dev] dmenu unicode regression

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 11:03:36 +0000

Hey,

On 12 December 2010 10:02, Kai Hendry <hendry_AT_iki.fi> wrote:
> A debian user has noticed a regression in dmenu
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=606356 which worked
> fine in 4.1.1.
>
> Could you please take a look at it? :)

I've looked at the diff for the font loading between 4.1.1 and 4.2.1,
and can't really see any way that it could have regressed. The code is
extremely similar, only now it checks for Unicode support for the
fallback font. The only thing which comes to mind is that a different
font is being loaded. Does this still occur when dmenu is run with the
'-fn' flag and a font known to include Russian characters?

Thanks,
cls