Re: [dev] [dvtm] Graphics in madtty.c

From: Marc Andre Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 00:44:12 +0100

On Sun, Jan 02, 2011 at 11:32:00AM -0500, Ross Mohn wrote:
> Now I understand the mystery better. At home I do get the graphics
> (using HEAD), but not at work. And the reason is that at home I use
> en_US.utf8 while at work I'm stuck with AIX boxes that don't have that
> locale installed, just en_US. So, the UTF8 code within dvtm prints the
> actual UTF8 graphic characters while the non-UTF8 code within dvtm tries
> to use the ncurses settings, but then doesn't print using ncurses.

Patches welcome, please rebase them against HEAD. I have pushed some changes
and I'm not yet sure whether they work as advertised, so some more testing
would be welcome. Also please submit your pending patches. Recently someone
asked about AIX support...

> On the other hand, now that I've been prompted to finally compile and
> try a version of st, I love it! And, this has probably already been
> discussed, but wouldn't it be more efficient to just write an optional
> patch to st that provides dvtm-like windowing capabilities? Is this
> already thought of for future?

Well if you have X running then dwm can take care of your st windows.

Cheers,
Marc

--
 Marc Andre Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: CF7D56C0