Re: [dev] [dwm] segfault with xrandr dual-head setup

From: Rob <robpilling_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 20:26:13 +0000

> Now I can work on VGA normal, but on LVDS I can only use the first
> workspace. If I try to switch (moving windows on workspaces works) dwm
> crashes and I see this segfault in dmesg:
>
> dwm[26627]: segfault at 0 ip 0804b157 sp bfbbe680 error 4 in
> dwm[8048000+a000]
>
> Any ideas?

Recompile dwm with debug options (config.mk - uncomment the CFLAGS and
LDFLAGS lines which have -g).
Next, in your .xinitrc or wherever you start dwm from, enable
coredumps with `ulimit -c unlimited` (or `limit coredumpsize
unlimited` for tcsh). Fire up X, get dwm to segfault then run gdb -c
path/to/coredump path/to/dwm (give the path to dwm in its source
directory)
That'll give you the line it segfaulted on. Post that output here (or
an online-clipboard site) if you would.

Cheers,
Rob.