Re: [dev] tagging rules question

From: Thomas Dahms <dahms_AT_ymail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 15:50:30 +0100

Hi,

> Is it possible to force new windows to open floating and on a specific
> head (in a two head setup)? I have some windows already open, floating
> however they are always on the first head and in the upper left corner
> (not sure if there is a way to force them to open in center either?)
>

> I assume that wmii is aware of heads as the bar is only on the first
> head.
>
> Any help with tagging rule syntax would be appreciated.

As discussed in the other thread, the new rule syntax is not well
documented and not fully implemented. In particular, there is no rule yet
to select the screen (head) for a client. See [1].
You will want to wait for Kris to show up on the list if you want details.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/wmii/issues/detail?id=178

--
Thomas Dahms