Re: [dev] A Suckless Filesystem

From: Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 22:37:02 +0000

On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 17:06 -0500, "Brandon LaRocque"
<larocque.brandon_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Which one do you use? Why do you use it? What does it have that the
> others don't?

For USB storage and bootloader partitions I've reverted to FAT, on the
one because I got fed up with keeping UIDs in sync across multiple
machines & on both for the obvious reasons of being readable from all
OSs I've even considered using.

My Linux machines use ext4 on the simple basis that it's likely to be
the best-maintained file system. That's about the extent to which I'm
willing to go for sucklessness under the skin of a lunix (or indeed
unix) box these days.