Re: [dev] Not Using a Window Manager?

From: Michael Farnbach <noble.oblige_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 10:13:36 -0700

Rob,

Without a real context it is difficult to measure if lack-of-configuration
is laziness on the programmers part, or the genius of simplicity. Simplicity
indicates a programmer who anticipate the needs of the user in such a way
that it removes their constraints and increases performance to achieve their
goal. If the programmer only narrowly understands the needs of the tool they
are creating and is rebelling against their users because of how difficult
it is to achieve in their chosen programming paradigm, it is laziness and
annoying to users. I've seen both, I think most of us here have.