[dev] How do you cope with OSX? (if at all)

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:23:24 +0100

Hi there,

at work I have to use OSX (on a MacBook Pro 13") for various reasons
and wonder if anyone is using dwm in conjunction with OSX?
I tried different approaches so far, but all are really PITA.
The only approach I can envision is running arch in VirtualBox and
having a saner Linux environment to work with. But I have no idea what
performance penalty that will be in regular use.

At home I tend to leave the OSX machine untouched these days though.
But using the braindamaged OSX UI feels more and more totally in the
way and ineffecient.

Any recommendations you'd like to share?

Thanks in advance,
Anselm

PS: Those of you who are tempted to say, drop this shit altogether and
simply don't cope -- I can understand you and I agree to some degree,
but I really wonder if there are people out there that do cope indeed
and possibly would benefit from some improvements to dwm or so...