Re: [dev] [dvtm] Configurable, dynamic, terminal colors in dvtm

From: Marc Andre Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 09:53:50 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 11:18:27AM -0400, Ross Mohn wrote:
> Hi,
> I've implemented configurable, dynamic, terminal colors in dvtm using
> string matching rules similar to dwm's rules for determining tag, float,
> and monitor settings for a window. It's common practice to use
> background colors to visually keeping track of what server you're logged
> in to, or for when you're logged in as root. The way this works is by
> using strstr() against the terminal title string. Here's an example:
>
> static const ColorRule colorrules[] = {
> /* title attrs fgcolor bgcolor */
> { "svrprod", A_BOLD, BLACK, 224 },
> { "svrqa", A_NORMAL, BLACK, 195 },
> };

Sounds useful in some cases, so please post a patch.

> If others are interested, I can submit a patch for this. Ccombining it
> with the previous two patches I posted would be easiest, since they go
> off of the current dvtm-HEAD.

Please don't merge it all in one big patch instead keep one patch per
logical change. It's no problem if the patches depend on each other.

> Probably still a couple of bugs to work
> out, but it's pretty good now! (There are a couple of bugs in my
> previous backfill patch that I do have to work out.)

Just resend the patches once your comfortable with them. I will take a
look but unfortunately I have currently only rarely access to the internet
which means it will proabably not happen before April (your changes to
support AIX are also in my patch queue).

Thanks,
Marc

--
 Marc Andre Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: CF7D56C0