Re: [dev] fast-booting to text editor

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:36:06 +0000

If your editor of choice doesn't sport a built-in shell, you may
consider starting a text editor on one virtual console, and a general
purpose shell on another. You'll probably need a simple init (I
recommend a rc script written against a statically compiled /bin/rc)
to allocate the consoles (unless it's still possible to allocate them
statically) and start the editor and shells, or run them inside of
dvtm [http://www.brain-dump.org/projects/dvtm/].