Re: [dev] Re: [ANN] sabotage 2011-04-30, a musl+busybox based distribution

From: Uriel <uriel_AT_berlinblue.org>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 21:35:11 +0200

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Christian Neukirchen
<chneukirchen_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Uriel <uriel_AT_berlinblue.org> writes:
>
>> Please, replace gawk with a sane version of awk, like the one included
>> with 9base.

The awk in 9base is a hacked up version of bwk's one-true-awk that
supports UTF-8.

> gcc4 needs an awk more powerful than busybox awk, thats why it's there.
> I'm not sure it works with 9base awk, but it's easy to test.
>
>> Also, adding Go should be easy as it completely bypasses libc and
>> links statically by default.
>>
>> For a web browser I would recommend NetSurf, not to be confused with
>> surf (which is a shameful disgrace for the suckless project).
>
> NetSurf needs GTK+ on X, which pulls in a shitload of deps I've not yet
> gotten around porting.

As has been mentioned in this thread, there is a framebuffer version of netsurf,
and if somebody wrote a tk or libagar frontend to netsutf it would be
wonderful. GTK is an abomination.

uriel