Re: [dev] [dwm] devilspie doesn't work

From: Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 11:36:58 -0400

On 5/5/11, Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com> wrote:
> Transparency does have some pragmatic benefit: in monocle mode
> transparent terminals would allow you to keep an eye on the output of
> several, layered upon one another.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

> Besides, there's no reason for transparency to be considered a bell or
> whistle: alpha is just a fourth dimension alongside RGB. Reality has
> transparency, did you notice?

Never mind; THIS is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. "Reality"
(putting aside the idiotic implication that my computer monitor isn't
"real") also has AIDS and war. Maybe we should patch those into our
window managers too? Then we could put dwm in monocle mode and keep an
eye on layered AIDS warfare via transparency.

--
# Kurt H Maier