Re: [dev] [dwm] devilspie doesn't work

From: Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 22:25:41 -0400

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 10:20 PM, <mjm_AT_factoryprime.net> wrote:
> So... Houses simply shelter us from weather.  Automobiles simply transport
> us from point A to point B.  Should we only live is sod huts?  Should we
> only drive wooden go-carts?  Of course, anything else is just a waste of
> resources, and computers are merely text processors.

Fallacy: non sequitur. Terminals are not houses or cars.

> This is the most feeble argument I've ever heard.  Also, you have severly
> contradicted yourself.  Earlier you stated "You're begging the question of
> whether a transparent terminal is
> 'progress.'  I submit that it isn't, and it's just stupid shit", but
> according to your description above, they have actually helped in creating
> the need for bigger, faster, more capable hardware.  Maybe you don't
> understand how this works.  That's progress, you see?  If you prefer, the
> actual definition of progress: to grow or develop, as in complexity,
> scope, or severity; advance

This is a prime example of what I meant by "unable to learn." I build
large-scale compute clusters. I build massive storage networks. I am
familiar with the sorts of things people are doing with large amounts
of processing power. Here is a hint: it has nothing to do with you
being able to see your furry anime tentacle rape wallpaper through
your ubuntu console. Not one single person in the history of time has
sat down and said to himself, "I am going to design a faster
processor, because I am a mouthbreathing shithead who wants a
transparent terminal." Your stupid crap is not driving progress at
all. Do not delude yourself otherwise.

> Anything you say from here forward is, well, just you trying to validate
> how smart you [think] you are.

Anything you say from here forward is, well, the idiotic ramblings of
a person who doesn't know how to think.

> Keep your mouth shut and people won't know how dumb you are.  Oops, lemme
> rephrase that seeing as your semantically retareded: keep from responding
> to email lists and people won't know how dumb you are.

You misspelled "retarded." Also, you meant to use "you're" there.
Good luck in constructing sentences in the future. Maybe a slightly
higher terminal opacity will help.

--
# Kurt H Maier