Re: [dev] [ANN] sabotage 2011-04-30, a musl+busybox based distribution

From: Jens Staal <staal1978_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 07:11:01 +0200

> For a web browser I would recommend NetSurf, not to be confused with
> surf (which is a shameful disgrace for the suckless project).

Not to re-ignite the (very) volatile feelings on this list lately, but
I just happened to stumble on a *nix port of abaco
(http://lab-fgb.com/abaco/). Considering the history of some other
Suckless projects (correct me if I am wrong), like wmii that evolved
from Rio, and which subsequently spawned dwm, perhaps a similar
evolution starting from abaco would be possible?

On the other hand - why discuss choice of a browser for an
experimental base system? As far as I see it, the browser is not part
of the base system and should be optional (as long as there is some
way, package manager or other solution) to to get it and to build it
from the base.