Re: [dev] dwm

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 21:22:14 +0200

On 7 May 2011 20:43, Jakub Lach <jakub_lach_AT_mailplus.pl> wrote:
> 7 May 2011 20:26 Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> That doesn't sound you are using dwm as it is supposed to be used.
>
> Oh, snap! I'm always using tag 1 in static style (top, syslogd etc)..
>
> Am I not worthy? Should I be anticipating van arrival?

Look in front of your house ;)

Honestly, I think using the tile() layout in a way that certain
clients take a specific stack position does sound rather static to me.
The point of the tile() layout is that the client that takes focus is
in the master area and that the other clients in the stack take the
order of last used clients in ascending order.

As for tags, I think joining two tags in the current view was one of
the early aha moments I had when implementing dwm.

Not using this feature frequently is fine though. But you will develop
new working styles when joining tags that you haven't previously
considered possible.

Cheers,
Anselm