Re: [dev] [ANN] sabotage 2011-04-30, a musl+busybox based distribution

From: Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 15:15:48 +0100

On 6 May 2011, at 3:50 pm, Kurt H Maier wrote:

> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 10:47 AM, hiro <23hiro_AT_googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Because it's linked in or because it doesn't use it?
>
> Because most of it is compiled statically and the bits that are not
> are shipped in the tarball and installed in-tree.

A bit late but I thought it worth mentioning you don't even have to
install Opera 11, just untar it and run in situ. I wrote a little
script to cd to the highest-versioned dir matching ~/apps/opera-* and
run the included script. I much prefer that to a package manager
keeping track of where everything is.

On 6 May 2011, at 4:00 pm, pancake wrote:

> new opera have its own widget library. but its closed source. which
> sucks.

I don't know about anyone else here but I personally have a lot more
respect for a closed-source project rolling its own widget set than
for certain FOSS projects out there.