Re: [dev] dwm xsetroot colorful fonts howto?

From: Anders Andersson <pipatron_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 05:45:49 +0200

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Bogdan Ionuț <bogdan_AT_punctweb.ro> wrote:
> On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 00:01, Le Tian <tianeast_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm sorry, maybe its been discussed like a lot of times, but can anybody
>> tell me how to color taskbar fonts in dwm? There is a patch
>> (http://dwm.suckless.org/patches/statuscolors) but that I don't like, I need
>> fonts to be colored not a colorful bg or fg in the taskbar, and maybe its
>> possible to change the colors on-the-fly (when monitoring high CPU temps)?
>> Maybe somebody has it implemented already.
>>
>> --
>> Tian

Why don't you set something up that throttles the CPU and eventually
turns it off in case it gets too hot? What use is there to show the
temperature on the status bar? Will the computer break if you're not
there to turn it off in case it gets too hot?

I just think things like this ruins the clean experience that dwm is.