Re: [dev] sbase

From: Mate Nagy <mnagy_AT_port70.net>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 10:16:57 +0200

Hi,
On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 03:15:43AM +0100, Connor Lane Smith wrote:
> I think it's about time we started a minimalist, statically linked set
> of core utilities. The BSD family are bloated, and the GNU monstrous.
> Some of us seem to be resorting to using those from Plan 9, which were
> designed for another operating system and exist on Unix through a
> compatibility shim.
please, please don't take this as a troll - it's just a personal
feeling... but I do feel that the suckless project is at its best when
it produces fantastically useful minimalistic software like dwm.

These days it seems a moronic, unproductive crusade on features and
rewriting completely serviceable utilities to be much worse is more popular.

Best regards,
 Mate