Re: [dev] sbase

From: Marc Andre Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 09:31:37 +0200

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 09:19:37PM +0200, Troels Henriksen wrote:
> Sir Cyrus <sircyrus_AT_gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Not too clued in on coreutils alternatives, but what's wrong with
> > busybox?
>
> Enormously ugly code (IMO worse than GNU coreutils, but in a different
> way), and not much hackability.

I think you are exaggerating quite a bit. Most of the uglyness comes
from the fact that they try to save each and every byte.

> It's designed for something much different than sbase.

True, but I think it's still be the best real world usable alternative.
And patches are certainly welcome.

You might also want to take a look at toybox:

 http://landley.net/code/toybox/

Marc

--
 Marc Andre Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: CF7D56C0