Re: [dev] Re: sbase

From: markus schnalke <meillo_AT_marmaro.de>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 20:45:13 +0200

[2011-05-26 07:39] Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>

> Afaik tac sucks more, as it is quite an arbitrary command, not part of
> Plan 9 and can be imitated with a awk one liner like
>
> awk '{a[i++]=$0} END {for (j=i-1; j>=0;) print a[j--] }'

Okay, but who want's to type this line by hand?

IMO tac *should be included* in some Unix toolchain, but as a
shell/awk script, containing this line. This would be software
leverage.

Unfortunately it seems as if this concept is just too often handed
over to the administrators. If programs are distributed, people focus
on performance and write them in C instead ...

> Don't get me wrong, I think this sbase thing is a great excercise but
> I really do believe there is more interesting stuff that we should
> rather focus on.

I fully agree.

meillo