Re: [dev] Sandy editor

From: John Matthewman <jmatthewman_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 09:52:00 +0700

Hi there - I had been looking for a simple little editor for a while.
Thanks for sharing.

On 5/27/11, Rafa Garcia Gallego <rafael.garcia.gallego_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> That is indeed a great idea. I'll try to stick with the UNIX defaults,
> fill in with Emacs when in doubt and remove META when possible.

Yea, probably a good idea (of course, ignoring Emacs' chained
keybindings). Sandy would benefit from a better set of default
bindings. Though for reference you might want to look at something
like mg [http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=mg], or one of
the other micro Emacs implementations, as they'll have the most
important bindings and commands, and you won't have to sift through
all of the extra garbage that is Emacs.

I also have two wishes:

- Make it possible to turn off highlighting (syntax highlighting,
highlighting the current line) and colour. I'm sure I'm not the only
person who doesn't need that stuff..?
- Keep it as a modeless editor! ;)

John