Re: [dev] Sandy editor

From: Rafa Garcia Gallego <rafael.garcia.gallego_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 21:05:20 +0200

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Bjartur Thorlacius
<svartman95_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/31/11, Rafa Garcia Gallego <rafael.garcia.gallego_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> A tad unrelated, but not really... I was quite sure about using
>> keyboard positioned bindings before (be them hjkl, ijkl, the wordstar
>> thingy or even wasd as it has been suggested). However, a lot of
>> suckless software users seem to have a non-qwerty keyboard layout.
> Then bind to button three on row three, and second to fourth button on
> row four. What characters they represent in insert mode (or when the
> control modifier is not down) is irrelevant.

That's got to be hard enough, considering the terminal just provides
characters on the standard input. We can have a reverse lookup table
for each keymap, but that definitely would suck hard.

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 8:43 PM, Andrew Hills <hills.as_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Rafa Garcia Gallego
> <rafael.garcia.gallego_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> - ^A / ^E go to bol / eol or, if already there, move by one full page.
>> I find this weirdly comfortable.
>
> Is a page some standard size or is it determined by the size of the terminal?

So far it is the size of the text window, i.e. the terminal unless
there is no status line and the status has to be printed to the window
too. Would you guys be more comfortable with less (e.g. one or two
lines less) than the full window size?

Best regards,
Rafa.