Re: [dev] wmii floating window titlebar decoration

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 20:10:15 -0400

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 12:15:52PM -0500, orlando wrote:
>I've recently started using wmii and I'm really liking it so far. The one
>thing that is bugging me is this rectangle shown in the right side of the
>titlebar (when in floating mode). How can I make it disappear? I've looked
>into the guide and styling part section, but nothing. I've looked at a
>couple of screenshots from people using wmii and some of them don't have
>that type of decoration in the titlebar.
>
>I'm not very familiar with older versions of wmii so could this be a feature
>implemented in the newest versions? If so, any clues on how to make it go
>away?

It's not possible to remove it, nor has anyone asked for it to
be removeable before. I don't see a reason for it to be
possible, either, since it would add complexity for no useful
end.

Yes, it is a feature of recent versions. For a long time, the
most requested feature was to make floating windows more
distinguishable from managed windows. That's why it was added.

--
Kris Maglione
Programming X Windows is like trying to find the square root of Pi