Re: [dev] Distribution

From: Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 13:25:47 +0100

On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 14:14:15 +0200
hiro <23hiro_AT_googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 13:44, Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 6/3/11, Sir Cyrus <sircyrus_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> >> What's the most suckless Linux distribution?
> >>
> > The one you made yourself.
> >

> Too subjective, too much work, sucks.

Having done it (a long time ago) I have to agree. It's fine up to a point, but that point leaves you able to run little more than what you can in Plan 9. You get more hardware compatibility than with Plan 9 of course, but that brings me to Linux kernel configuration, which as far as I'm concerned is now far too much work in itself. Half the reason I use a distro is for the kernel configuration!