Re: [dev] run a program and display on a specific tab

From: Piotr Zalewa <zaloon_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 23:37:59 +0100

On 06/06/11 23:03, Ruben Gonzalez Arnau wrote:
> On 06/06/11 12:20, Piotr Zalewa wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to create a script which will load my default setup (quite a few
>> programs).
>>
>> How to run a program so it will be displayed on a desired tab? (view,
>> workspace - I always had a problem with that lingo)
>>
>> thanks,
>> zalun
>>

> Assuming you are using sh version of wmii. (<= 3.9.2)
>
> ${HOME}/.wmii/wmiirc_local
>
> wmiir write /tagrules <<!
> /regex app/ -> tag
> /XTerm/ -> sel
> /Firefox/ -> 9
> /Xmms/ -> music
> etc
> !
>
> sel is current tag
> you can use letters "www" or numbers "1" for your custom apps tags.
>
> Hope it helps.

Configuration options was the thing which I liked from the start.

I used wihack in the end.

I haven't found a way to manage the columns yet (open two programs in
one tag and move one of them to the other column), but it's already
great. I think wmiir will do it, haven't investigated too much yet.

Great software.
Thanks
zalun
I use quite new vaio laptop and it's not always perfect with switching
screen to external and back... sometimes X restart is needed...