Re: [dev] ideas on suckless file manager

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 19:09:25 +0200

White background terminals harm my eyes.

I cant think on anybody spending lot of time on a white background terminal. Its anti natural.

As a funny note. All non-advanced users tell me that this black terminal have aome text they cant delete. (the prompt)

Looks like the plan9 terminal will be more usable or at least more logical to people not used to terminals.

Another point is that a friend of me who is a designer explained me the reason why white bg with black text is better for reading .. But I cant still realize this is a good reason.. Maybe i cant switch because i started typing on black terminals on 40x25 screens many years ago.

The first white bg terminal was on a apple quadra 650 running netbsd. It was the most painful experience with a slow framebuffer terminal. But managed to compile gdb after 3 days of compilation (most of the time was running the configure scripts..) but thats another story..