Re: [dev] ideas on suckless file manager

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 12:04:38 +0200

On 06/08/11 11:49, ilf wrote:
> On 06-08 11:23, Yoshi Rokuko wrote:
>>> sxiv is my image viewer of choice, currently...
>>> http://github.com/muennich/sxiv
>> thank you for pointing out - i immediately?switched from feh to sxiv
>> it's so much better and tiling friendly ...
>
> I use feh only for --bg-center, any way to do that with sxiv?

i dont think this is a task for an image viewer. we should probably
write an ssetroot or so linking against imlib2 and allowing opaque
colors like xsetroot does..

but well.. changing the background is not something we do everyday
unless you have any kind of mental disease..so probably we can just
embed the jpg/gif/png inside the same program at compile time. So load
time is much shorter because it just have to dump the buffer to X, no
need to uncompress or so. and if we place the image buffer aligned in
memory it should load even faster.

What do you think?

you can configure an sxiv keybinding to compile "ssetroot" with the
given image and execute it.

anybody wanna write a PoC?

--pancake