Re: [dev] Re: sbase

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 13:25:32 +0100

Hey,

On 10 June 2011 06:55, pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com> wrote:
> Your gcc sucks. Mine reports the error here. Size is only allocated if the
> or condition applies which is not something to always happen opening the
> doors to use an uninitialized pointer.

I wasn't talking about GCC. Step through the logic in your head. What
happens if the if statement is false? The program exits. If GCC whines
about it it just means it's not very smart. (It doesn't on my machine,
but does on my server using an older version.) I'll add the assignment
just to silence it, I suppose.

cls