Re: [dev] ideas on suckless file manager

From: Jakub Lach <jakub_lach_AT_mailplus.pl>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 20:49:45 +0200

Dnia 13 czerwca 2011 20:14 Michael Farnbach
<noble.oblige_AT_gmail.com> napisaƂ(a):

> Then the easiest to read is amber on black. There is a lot we can
> learn from the sharp shooters, and the old dumb terminals.

Wondering if this concept is related to "selective yellow" [1]

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_yellow

"The intent of selective yellow is to improve vision
by removing shorter, blue wavelengths from the projected
light, as these wavelengths are difficult for the human
visual system to process properly(...)"

On the side note, I use white on black with selective
yellow cursor. W&B is no-brainer for me, maximizes
contrast while minimizing screen brightness.

To add another one, I'm not entirely sure LCD vs CRT
eyes health debate is settled.

regards,
- Jakub Lach